Wednesday 6 June 2012

Lemon Honey Linen

Another project I am working through at the moment is to save my beloved late 30s/early 40s Lemon Honey linen suit jacket from destruction. The inner seams are unfinished (and Linen being the way it is), fraying very badly through out! I considered for a while the best method of fixing this problem that would do least damage to the integrity of the garment and came up with a solution. I would bias bind the inner seams by hand, therefore stopping the linen from fraying while not doing anything to the garment that couldn't easily or damagingly undone!
The reason for this to be a slow project is because to follow tight curves and reach into small spaces etc. I have opted to do this by hand.


 Applied flower detail, made from the same rayon fabric as the skirt.
 Back inside out.
 Example of bound and unbound seams.
Front inside out.

Wish me luck!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment